The Parents’ Council of SSP will be collecting gently used toys, books and new art supplies for Smart Beginnings during St. Stephen’s Spirit Week, May 9-13th. We will collect the items in the back hallway.
A little bit about Smart Beginnings:
Smart Beginnings brings communities together to provide the best possible outcomes for young children by helping prepare them for kindergarten. They support child care centers (many of which are small one room classrooms) that have limited financial backing, and area Family Child Care Homes that do not have basic supplies for the children. Smart Beginning’s goal is to educate the teachers/directors on age appropriate practices and offer materials that can provide stimulus the children need to be prepared for kindergarten. This is where WE can help.
Some examples of items needed:
• Any Manipulatives: Legos, Bristle Blocks, building blocks
• Sorting games, memory games
• Puzzles (please put them in a ziplock)
• Dolls, stuffed animals,
• Pretend play toys – Doctor kits, dress up
• Pretend kitchen – things for kitchen like dishware, food
• **Also in need of NEW art supplies – paper, crayons, markers, water colors, paint glue, tape
If you have any questions, contact the office or email Molly Dey at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!